Pressmaster, a Ramco Plexus vertical is looking for an Estimator.
The person will be expected to review layouts of materials for printing and estimate the production cost for printing of the desired quantity.
They will also evaluate the capabilities of the printing operations including design, press work and printing finishing with specifications to be used in the production of the printed material as required by customers’ bid requests.
The estimator will be reporting to the general manager.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES :
1. Costing and estimating for jobs to be printed and issuing quotations to clients.
2. Analyse and interpret complex information in order to plan for jobs to be printed while minimizing wastage and ensuring delivery priorities.
3. Working as part of a team with Accounts, designers,account executives, customer service and production.
4. Handling / guiding walking in customers on technical specifications.
5. Provide clear and concise advice and guidance to a range of clients regarding production times of their jobs.
6. Ensure estimates are completed in a timely manner.
1. Receive briefs from various clients and analyse documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, andlabour estimates.
2. Receiving of LPOs from clients, confirmation of quotation pricing / LPO Prices. Evaluateall methods available for producing a job and provides quotes based on the mosteconomical method.
3. Consult with the appropriate department managers to determine production capabilities and optimal production process.
4. Revise estimates as needed due to specification changes.
5. Raising and Writing / opening job cards / Writing technical production instruction on ticketand issuing them to production team.
6. Filing approved estimate summary and Clients LPOs.
7. Advise and provide direction and support to employees trying to determine specifications on aproject.
8. Keep a log of incoming and executed estimation jobs and daily job conversion reports for managementreview.
9. Scanning and attaching LPOs and external quotations in the system.
10. Enhancing credit control in conjunction with the accounts department.
11. Any other duties as directed by the management
Required education : Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience : 5 years
Required languages : English (Spoken : fluent Written : fluent)