This position is located within the Knowledge and Innovation Branch. The incumbent will report to the Head of the Knowledge and Innovation Branch and is overall charged with the responsibility of supporting the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programmes, operations and other activities in the different functional areas of the three units.
He / She will work closely with unit leaders of the Branch, to provide substantive and coordination support as per the Strategic Plan 2020-2023 and the Work Programme 2020-2021.
Education Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in urban planning, law, economics, business administration, management, economics or a related field is required.
A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Have you ever worked in a similar environment? Please explain.
Specific Assignments A. Programme Development and Implementation :
1. Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes / projects, including providing technical and coordination support of integrated projects for the Agency to enhance quality and synergy, Establishing and managing flexible teams to provide inputs to larger scale proposals.
2. Researches, analyzes and presents information gathered from diverse sources.
3. Provide and facilitate forums for exchange of ideas and collaboration on project design within the agency to enhance quality and synergy.
4. Liaises between the Division of ERSKI and other areas of the Organization in supporting the development of project / programme partnerships with UN agencies and donors.
5. Supports the implementation of the knowledge management strategy of UN-Habitat in close collaboration with regional offices and thematic branches.
B. Programme Support :
1. Prepares various written outputs and reports, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
related to sustainable urbanization.
2. Provides substantive support to consultative and other meetings, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations, etc.
3. Participates in missions, including provision of guidance including preparation of briefings, talking points and other necessary programmatic documentation prior to missions and makes follow up as required.
4. Systematize and disseminate best practices and knowledge management functions of the Branch to make learning and sharing internal and external a key priority.
5. Performs other duties as required.
Required education : Post-graduate education
Required relevant work experience : 5 years
Required languages : English (Spoken : fluent Written : fluent)