This work requires the application of engineering concepts and methodology to advance the understanding of living systems and improve medical practices.
Reports to : Head of Clinical Services
Department : Biomedical Engineering Key Result Areas : 1. Liaise with consultants, surgeons and medical staff about patients’ needs and requirements 2.
Advise and assist in the application of instrumentation in clinical environments.3. Design and develop medical diagnostic and clinical instrumentation, equipment, and procedures, utilizing the principles of engineering and bio-behavioral sciences.
4. Evaluate the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of biomedical equipment.5. Install, adjust, maintain, and / or repair biomedical equipment.
6. Advise hospital administrators on the planning, acquisition, and use of medical equipment.7. Analyze new medical procedures in order to forecast likely outcomes.
8. Diagnose and interpret bioelectric data, using signal processing techniques.9. Teach biomedical engineering, or disseminate knowledge about field through writing or consulting.
10. Assisting medical or other health-care personnel in observing, repairing, or treating physical ailments or deformities, using knowledge of materials compatible with body tissues, energy exchanges within the body, and instrumentation capable of measuring and controlling body functions.
11. Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time. Competencies / Abilities :