1. A diploma course in Food and beverages technology, Bakery, and Culinary.
2. Must have strong analytical and communication skills, excellent leadership qualities.
3. Ability to work with minimum supervision.
5. Honesty and integrity
6. Good interpersonal skills
7. Computer literate.
1. Plans meal and snack menus in accordance with patients’ medical condition which meet the
nutritional needs of the patients and provide food variety and appeal as well as reflecting the
ethnic diversity of patients at the hospital.
2. Consults with the Deputy Admin and Clinical Service Manager regarding menu plans; posts
menu plans two weeks in advance and notes any changes daily; cultural dietary food needs
and plans and provides acceptable alternatives.
monitor food expenditures; and ensure what is supplied are of the right quantity and quality.
The chefs will receive goods together with the admin, procurement officer and account for
verification of order received.
4. Maintains food and kitchen household supplies by receiving and storing deliveries in hygienic
and organized conditions and monitoring stock; rotates food stock to ensure quality; keeps
accurate stock control for record-keeping purposes. It will be the responsibility of the chef to
ensure that proper stock of utilities is in their custody and ensure that timely requisition of
stock is done through the administrator.
5. Provides meals and snacks daily by preparing food for immediate or future serving in
compliance with health regulations; and serving meals to patients when required. Morning
tea will be serve at 7.30, mid-morning tea will be served at 10am, lunch will be served at
1.00pm, tea will be served at 4.00pm and food will be served at 6pm each day without fail.
6. Maintains hygiene standards as defined under the Food Premises Act; keeps kitchen,
cupboard, kitchen equipment and food storage areas clean and organized by cleaning pots,
counters, equipment and dishes; maintaining equipment and arranging for servicing of
appliances when needed.
7. Provides food and beverages for patients receiving day care services by preparing food and,
delivering it to the client.
8. Recommends budget priorities for kitchen equipment purchases through the administrator.
9. Plans and caters food services for Staff, board and executive meetings and any other agency
functions or special events. Tuesday staff meeting tea will be provided for staff and 10am tea
will be served on time and for every employee on duty.
10. It is the responsibility of the chef to collect plates, cups, spoons, thermos after 30 minutes of
food service and ensure the equipment are soaked in hot water jik (disinfectant for utensils)
for 15 minutes before washing.
Required education : Diploma, Associate's degree
Required relevant work experience : 2 years
Required languages : English (Spoken : fluent Written : fluent)