Today, 08 : 36 Ad ID : 1585159
Project Engineer Plumbing
Nairobi CBD Nairobi Details Employer Master Power Systems Ltd Company Industry Construction Work Type Full time Job Level Management level Minimum Qualification Bachelor Years Experience 10 years Application Deadline 2019-11-30 Description
We are looking for a Mature Techno Commercial Mechanical Engineer for Building Construction Industry.
Head of Plumbing (Mechanical Engineer) Job Description for Master Power Systems Ltd (Building Electrical Contractor)
Designation : Head of Plumbing (Mechanical Engineer)
Reporting to : Technical Director / M.D.
Location : Nairobi, Kenya
Start Date : As soon as possible.
Master Power Systems A leading engineering and contracting company specialized in designing and executing electrical works, with over 18 years’ experience in this field is searching for a dynamic and experienced Chief Executive Officer, who can handle the family owned construction business, under the direction of the Chairman, and should have the ability to provide overall leadership and direction to the rest of the company’s employees in order to ensure the company achieves its vision, mission, goals and objectives.
MPSL has grown and works on electrical installation projects all over Kenya, Uganda and it is spreading far across East and Central Africa.
a) Electrical Installation works
b) Substation and Transmission Lines works
c) Mechanical and Plumbing works
e) Lift Installation
Average Annual Turnover of USD 45 Million
Job Definition :
Plumbing Engineer, design and draft plumbing systems for different buildings (residential and commercial) and facilities.
This job involves managing plumbing project budgets, designing and implementing plumbing systems as per local government plumbing guidelines.
Plumbing Engineer is also need to visit project sites to monitor the project progress and workmanship as per the mechanical consultant’s instructions.
Candidate Profile :
An Experienced Mechanical Engineer with Leadership and Management skills who can handle multi- disciplined engineering works within Plumbing Project (e.
g., Estimations and Tendering, Design, Project Management, Material Planning and Procurement, Testing and Commissioning).
1. Plumbing Engineer must have ability to handle the multiple projects simultaneously.
2. Plumbing Engineer needs to work closely with Mechanical Services Consultant, who develops plumbing designs, performing design calculations and choosing the appropriate plumbing equipment and systems for installation in regards to plumbing services in the building.
3. Plumbing Engineer compares the schematics with B.O.Q. requirements to calculate the cost estimate of the plumbing project.
4. Must have ability to prepare specifications and shop drawings.
5. Plumbing Engineer needs to identify the genuine and cost-effective vendors locally and internationally.
6. Plumbing Engineer is also responsible for carrying out the quality assurance check on all the pluming projects, which involves evaluating all of the technical drawings, material quality and quantity as per final B.O.Q.
7. Attend site meetings as a plumbing contractor with clients, architects and other design disciplines and prepares accurate and timely meeting notes.
8. Overlook timely submission of Valuations, Variations, Final Account, and Correspondences.
9. Plumbing Engineer oversees the junior engineering staffs and provide them training as and when required to ensure that each project is completed with the appropriate standard.
10. Plumbing engineer must know the hydraulic calculations for fire pumps, sprinklers, and standpipes.
11. Must have ability to prepare mechanical system testing & commissioning methods and schedule.
12. Plan the installation, testing and commissioning of the Plumbing Equipment.
13. Design and develop HVAC, plumbing and piping drawings for multistoried commercial buildings.
14. Created Riser diagrams, Isometrics, Sleeves layouts, 3D-Pipe fabrications, Details and specifications.
17. Pluming Engineer must coordinate with architects, Civil Engineer, Structural Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Landscape and Electrical Engineers to ensure the best possible coordination with the other departments for a successful and timely project.
18. Pluming Engineer must know the British plumbing code standards and installation methods.
19. Undertake final project snagging and prepare a list of defects for action.
20. Monitor and promote health and safety on the site.
21. Build long term relationship with Consultants, real estate developers and owners for future business.
Requirements / Qualifications :
Bachelors / Masters Degrees in Mechanical Engineering.
HVAC Experience will be an advantage
Should have at least ten (10) years of experience in planning, designing and supervising projects with at least five (5) years served at a managerial level.
Experience in handling multiple project sites is preferable
Age of 34 years and above.
Able to work for a minimum of 5 Years upon joining.
Very good command of English both written and oral.
Relocate and work in Kenya.
International working experience will be an added advantage.
Good experience in Building Regulations and By - Laws.
Registered with necessary Building Institutes / Bodies such as Engineers Boards etc.
This job involves managing plumbing project budgets, designing and implementing plumbing systems as per local government plumbing guidelines