Reporting to the House Keeping Supervisor, the Laundry Attendant job exists to provide laundryservices including operating washing or dry-cleaning machines to clean, dry, press and fold clothware at the Hospital.
1. Certificate in Housekeeping and Laundry services.2. Minimum of two years’ experience in a busy environment.
3. Computer literacy
4. Resilient and energetic / self-motivated
1. Prepare work-plans and schedules, allocate work to laundry staff and set laundry production2. Receive or collect used up linen for cleaning and record or classify it according to its sources
from different wards and units of the hospital.
3. Sort and classify and mark or tag dirty linen according to its source in the hospital, type, color
and maintenance specifications for laundering in the hospital.
4. Determine spotting procedures and proper solvents, detergents and other cleaning materials
based on fabric and stain types in the laundry unit of the hospital.
5. Pre-soak, sterilize, scrub, spot-clean, and dry contaminated or stained articles, using
neutralizer solutions and portable machines in the laundry unit of the hospital.
6. Spray steam, water, or air over spots to flush out chemicals, dry material, raise naps, or
brighten colors of garments in the laundry unit of the hospital.
7. Load dry-cleanable garments into washers or dry-cleaning machines, add detergents and
other washing materials and start washing process in the laundry unit of the hospital.
8. Use other cleaning procedures to clean and dry non-dry-cleanable linen in the laundry unit of
9. Operate machines that comb, dry and polish furs, clean, sterilize and fluff feathers and
blankets, or roll and package towels in the laundry unit of the hospital.
10. Remove items from washers or dry-cleaning machines and dry them on cloth lines to reduce
excessive moisture in the laundry unit of the hospital.
11. Collect cleaned and dried up linen, sort, press and pack according to its source and type, from
different wards and units in the hospital.
12. Perform other special or peculiar garment maintenance or garment care according to need
or manufacturers’ specifications in the laundry unit of the hospital.
13. Liaise with the tailors and dressmakers to repair and mend torn or replace missing parts of
garments during and after laundering in the laundry unit of the hospital.
Required education : Vocational school
Required relevant work experience : 2 years
Required languages : English (Spoken : fluent Written : fluent)