Our client in the FMCG sector across multiple verticals, is currently hiring for the following : Chief Accountant.
1. Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including accounts payable / receivable, cash receipts, payroll and utilities, budgeting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, and capital assets reconciliations
2. Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports
3. Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
4. Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
5. Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
6. Maintain accounting controls by implementing and recommending policies and procedures
7. Development, implementation and monitoring of financial accounting and related systems. Set and enforce accounting policy, in addition to working with other departments to develop positions on best practices throughout the organization.
8. Prepare financial management reports, including financial planning, budgeting and forecasting.
9. Supervise record-keeping and data processing.
10. Collection of financial and accounting information and the preparation of budgets, reports, forecasts, and consolidated profit and loss reports.
11. Prepare and submit all tax and statutory returns and deductions
12. Review and process expense reports.
13. Negotiate terms with suppliers, manage and communicate with debtors and creditors.
14. Preparation and coordination of the audit process.
15. Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing accounting data.
16. Protect operations by keeping financial data confidential and operate systems to achieve the same
17. Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting data and options.
Skills & Qualifications
Send your CV (in MS Word format) with the subject title referring to the position applied for, alongside a 1 Pager on how you meet the requirements for the interested position.
Deadline for submissions is 8 July 2020. No phone calls please.