Manage and lead the team in allocation of workload and managing the day to day operations in the workshop. Provide leadership and supervision for reporting staff to meet Company deliverables.
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE :
Manageand lead the team in allocation of workload and managing the day to dayoperations in the workshop. Provide leadership and supervision for reportingstaff to meet Company deliverables.
Client visitation on a weekly basis. Responsible forplanning, leading, organizing, and supervising the day to day activities of theWorkshop, controlling the quality of repairs, implementation of health andsafety standards, and performance appraisal of workshop team.
Ensureequipment and machinery in the field are promptly repaired and serviced. Ensureall workshop and yard tasking operations are undertaken in a safe, efficient,cost effective and professional manner.
DUTIES& RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Overseeworkshop operations.
2. Responsiblefor job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling andlabour allocation for day to day operations
3. Regularlyreport progress on each job and quickly communicate delays or concerns.
4. Plan and organise Preventive Maintenance System
5. Identifyclient’s needs and explain / demonstrate Achelis services to them which mayinvolve technical descriptions of services.
6. Toensure that service and productivity are maintained in accordance with workschedules
7. Responsible for customer service, reliability anddependability by providing all fields with the technical assistance that theyrequire from the Workshop
8. Supervise and follow up on actual progress of eachindividual repair job
9. Receiveand review feedback from customers and follow up to ensure customersatisfaction.
10. Responsiblefor workshop and yard health and safety compliance.
11. Researchand advice; forecast and orderspare parts for specific jobs / special job or for stocks replenishment throughParts Manager.
12. Managementof day to day troubleshooting decisions and actions within area ofresponsibility.
13. Provide on-the-job training as well as coaching andmentoring to mechanics and apprentices.
14. Managethe maintenance of workshop facilities and fixed equipment.
15. Manageand coordinate the safety and compliance of subcontractors engaged to operatewithin the workshop and yard.
16. Ensurerequisite supplies are ordered for each job.
17. Preparationof quotations to customers.
18. Provideoversight and check job estimates.
19. Investigatecustomer complaints and concerns arising from repairs and maintenance carriedout and suggest appropriate solutions.
20. Developand implement systems to record, file and store information.
21. Providefeedback to staff that are not performing to the expected level and ensure HRis informed of the same.
22. Liaisewith sales department, stores department and finance department as required.
23. Increasingrevenue through labor and spare parts.
24. Ensurethat job cards are closed on time and clients are accurately and promptlyinvoiced.
25. Ensurethat the company vehicles assigned to the department are well maintained andused according to the rules and regulations.
26. Receive,review and report on the KPIs of the department.
27. Conduct final check / test driving for allvehicles / trucks prior to release.
28. Responsible for the pre-preparation activities of thecrane technical inspection.
29. Assists with interviewing and conducts hands-ontesting of technical applicants.
30. Signs and approves employee timesheets.
31. Support and full comply with Company and Departmentalpolicies and procedures
32. Anyother duties assigned by management.