You will provide technical assistance to the project, advice on solar electricity technologies and management of the solar RBF. You will ensure timely project implementation and value for money in achieving the project development objectives in fourteen (14) underserved counties namely Turkana, Samburu, West Pokot, Isiolo, Marsabit, Mandera, Wajir, Garissa, Tana River, Lamu, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta and Narok in six (6) phases.
The Senior Officer, off-grid solar solutions will report to and support the Project Manager to implement the off-grid solutions sub component by:
- Provide support and advice on the deployment of solar home systems
- Ensuring the formulation of tendering procedures and drafting of all document requirements to ensure the conclusion of successful bidding and negotiations of the solar systems;
- Preparation of Terms of Reference for the solar stand-alone systems;
- Working with others to ensure that appropriate designs and size of solar systems.
- Ensuring that the outputs which are to arise from the project are of high quality and meet the stated objectives;
- Providing technical advice at the planning, management and implementation stages;
- Liaising with global scientific and technical community and feed the project with the latest information and data on relevant technologies and experience;
- Participating in project meetings and providing inputs on the quality, quantity and timeliness of progress against the work plan;
- Providing inputs for the preparation of Progress Reports, Annual Project Reports and Project Implementation Reviews;
- Ensuring capacity building of counterparts and other local staff to ensure effective skills and technology transfer;
- Ensuring proper and speedy implementation of the project by ensuring agreed and contracted technical designs, specifications and standards comply and are in accordance with sound engineering practice;
- Offering advice on suitability of the proposed business model for the solar systems;
- Documenting the lessons learnt in the implementation of the project and making recommendations for future interventions;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Project Manager
- Advanced degree in finance, economics, business administration, international development or related field
- A minimum of three years’ experience in development, implementation and management of results-based financing (RBF) or other grant-oriented transactions
- A minimum of three years’ experience in the off-grid solar market in Sub Saharan Africa, ideally including PAYG solar
- Understanding of success factors of for-profit businesses
- Design and management of monitoring and evaluation processes
Desired start date: as soon as possible.
Duration of contract: 1 year renewable contract
Working at SNV
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, per national standards. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Advisors benefit from and contribute to an internal global network of experts.
How to apply
Please apply by clicking on the “I AM INTERESTED” tab on this page and submitting an application letter and CV that contains three referees in English before 08 November, 2019.
Only shortlisted will be contacted.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.
SNV Kenya does not require you to undergo any medical test prior to employment.