Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
Reports to : Head of Finance Department : NA Key Result Areas : 1. Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
2. Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.3.
Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
4. Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.5. Develop, implement, modify, and document record keeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
6. Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel, and direct their work activities.7. Advise Finance Manager about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
8. Provide internal auditing services for the hospital as a business’s undertaking.9. Advise staff and management in areas such as compensation, employee health care benefits, and the design of accounting and data processing systems.
10. Investigate bankruptcies and other complex financial transactions and prepare reports summarizing the findings.11. In liaison with the Human Resources Department, prepare the payroll at the end of each month.
12. Ability to work under pressure, multi task and work to meet tight deadlines.13. Supervisor the cashiers and the night supervisor and hold regular meetings with the team14.
Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor Competencies / Abilities :