To develop, advise on and implement policies relating to the effective use of personnel within an organization.To ensure the company employs the right balance of staff in terms of skills and experience, and that training and development opportunities are available to employees to enhance their performance and achieve the employer's business objectives.
Department : HR & Administration
Reports to : Director
1. Maintaining accurate and proper records for all employees.
2. Managing staff leave by updating leave records and ensuring staff go on leave as scheduled.
3. Handling all staff matters e.g. loans, uniforms and any other issues that may arise.
4. Ensuring all statutory deductions are paid on time and keep records on the same NHIF, NSSF, PAYE, COTU and Union. Also ensure all renewals of the licenses and insurances are done in good time.
5. Recruitment & Selection process :
a) Identifying the right candidates and interviewing
b) Obtaining references
c) Sending regret letters to unsuccessful candidates
6. Handling all correspondence for the new employees i.e. appointment letters; confirmation letters
7. Handle all correspondence in relation to increments, disciplinary issues and dismissal.
8. Handle all matters in relation to the staff pension scheme, records and claims, monthly deductions as well as loans management and deductions.
9. Handling insurance related matters as well as court matters and attending court if need be
10. Ensuring payment for casual workers is done.
11. Review and approval of meal allowance against the attendance sheet.
12. Follow up of injuries, making reports and reporting to the Insurance as well as recoveries from the concerned
13. Purchases of printed materials and other stationery from the approved supplier and ensuring timely delivery
14. Taking minutes for Head of Departments meetings.
Skills / Qualifications :