An upcoming online school is looking for qualified teachers to offer remote class instructions to high school students.
All class instructions will be done online via video link. Subjects tobe taught include Mathematics, English, Kiswahili, Chemistry, Biology, Physics,Literature, Fasihi, History, Geography, CRE, Computer Studies, Agriculture and BusinessStudies.
The incumbents will be expected to perform thefollowing.
1. Instruct throughlectures, discussions, and demonstrations in one or more subjects.
2. Establish clearobjectives for all lessons following curriculum and guidelines and communicatethose objectives to students.
3. Prepare, administer,and grade tests and assignments to evaluate students' progress.
4. Prepare materials andclassrooms for class activities.
5. Adapt teaching methodsand instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
6. Assign and grade classwork and homework.
7. Plan and conductactivities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work timethat provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate
8. Use computers,audiovisual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations.
There will be a two-step interview process;the first interview will be done via video link that will be provided to thosewho will be shortlisted.
The second step will be in form of auditions(presentation through video) and will be done physically in the company officesbased in Nairobi.
Candidates will be required to have access tothe internet (through phone or PC) during the interview process.
Qualifications and Competencies
1. A diploma or degree inthe teaching subject(s)
2. Enrollment with theTeachers Service Commission (TSC number is a must)
3. Excellentcommunication and presentation skills, performance driven, results oriented,independent and above all with high initiative.
4. Excellent digital skills(be able to use a computer, internet and related applications)